How Do I… Get a library card?
Stop in with 2 proofs of address (for example, a valid driver’s license and a utility bill). If you already have a card from another town in Morris County, please let us know so we can correct the database accordingly.
Children may get their own card when they are in first grade. In fact, one of our town’s most cherished traditions happens every September, when the first graders walk from Wildwood School to the library to get their very first card.
Manage my online account?
Access your online account here. Your login information is as follows:
Barcode or Username: your Mountain Lakes Library Card number (found on the back of your card)
Library PIN or Password: the last four digits of the phone number that we have on file for you
(You may reset this after your initial login if you wish.)
Through your online account, you can:
• view the items you have checked out
• renew any materials that are not on hold for another patron
• search our online catalog
• view your fines
• keep track of your reading history
• place requests
• update your contact information
• sign up to receive text messages and/or emails from the library
If you have any questions about setting up or using your online account, stop by or call. Our staff would be happy to help.
Download an e-book or e-audio book?
You can borrow e-materials to read or listen to on supported tablets, phones, or e-readers (not Kindles) using the CloudLibrary. [link: https://www.yourcloudlibrary.com/] Getting started is as easy as 1-2-3.
1. Download the app. Download the CloudLibrary App from your device’s app store or via these links. [https://www.yourcloudlibrary.com/]
2. Log into your library. Using the drop down menu, select United States, New Jersey, and Mountain Lakes Library. Enter your library card ID (the barcode on the back of your card) and your PIN/Password (the last four digits of the phone number we have on file for you).
3. Browse and Read! Please note that ebooks and eaudiobooks have borrowing parameters that may be different from physical books. For example:
• The loan period for e-materials is 14 days.
• You may check out up to 5 titles at a time.
• You may put up to 5 titles on hold at a time.
• Requested materials will be held for 3 days from when you received notification that your item was in.
There are no renewals. Once the loan period has expired, the item will go to the next person in line. If no one is waiting, you will need to go through the check-out process again.
Get help with my e-readeror other device?
If you have a question about your iPhone, Kindle, tablet, or any other personal electronic device, we’re here to help. Visit us on Mondays between 4 and 5 pm, when a knowledgeable high school volunteer is available to take your questions. Be sure to bring your device, fully charged, and any login/passwords you may need to access any accounts you want to view.
Use a library computer?
Our computers are available for public use. All you need to do is sign in at the front desk.
The computers have Internet access and the Microsoft Office 2010 suite. You may wish to bring a USB flash drive to save and transport files that are not web-based. Software may not be downloaded onto library computers.
The library does have a wireless printer, so you may print from your personal device with a code we will give you. We do not have a scanner at this time.
Register for a program?
Registration for our Maker Space programs is online only on a first come first serve basis. To sign up for any other adult, children’s, or teen program, please call (973) 334-5095.
Find out about a weather delay?
Weather delays and closures will be posted on the library website, and also on Facebook and Instagram.
Suggest a purchase?
Email us if there’s a title you’d like to recommend for our collection. We do our best to accommodate requests.